Skip to main content

Aadhaar Card Enrolment Process - A Quick Glance


Today I got enrolled for Aadhaar card provision in Kanchipuram. I just thought of coming up with a post on the procedure. Before that please ensure the below points while applying for Aadhaar card.:
  • Male citizens wearing round neck shirts or t-shirts were not allowed to enroll. So you better get dressed up in a collared outfit.
  • As a proof of identity and for easy processing the agents require you to have your Census receipt and Ration card with you. Each family will have a census receipt issued earlier during Census 2011 by the Government. The receipt will have NPR (National Population Registry) Number. This number has all the preliminary information like number of family members and their name, address and the contact number.

    The census receipts look like this.
    Census 2011 Receipt - Aadhaar Card Enrolment Receipt
  • You can optionally provide your Bank account number during the enrolment process to be associated with your details. I will recommend this as it would help in future verification scenarios. So better have your bank account number also. Anyway its not mandatory.
Enrolling for Aadhaar card in my locality followed the same initial procedures as in Electoral voting process. The people were segregated based on their ward number. During registration process the agent will have a console with display and also you will have a display with a camera facing you. You can verify your info as and when the agent feeds it. When the NPR number for my family is entered in the Aadhaar enrollment system it displayed the relevant info, but still address was incomplete and even the phone number was wrong. So I requested the agent to update it. Your portrait will be captured along with a retina scan and a finger print scan of all the fingers. Once done you will be provide with two copies of the Aadhaar enrolment receipt, you can keep the one with agent signature, other one you need to sign and submit in the enrolment center itself.
Aadhar Card Receipt - Unique Identification Authority of India Enrolment

Its mentioned in the Aadhaar card receipt that even after enrolling if you want to change your info you can do it within 96 hours, but they didn’t provide any further info on how to do it. I checked with the UIDAI portal, where they have provision to update the details online. To check you’re enrolment status you need to have the Enrolment number (which looks like for eg.2008/23615/23521) and Date & Time of enrolment. Both of them will be available in your enrolment receipt. When I checked my enrolment status in UIDAI poratl after 24Hrs of enrolment, I still got the message ‘EID provided by you is still not available with us. Please check back after few days’ .
EID provided by you is still not available with us
If this takes this much time to update in online database, I’m not sure how I can update my info if needed in the given 96 hours window. To check your Aadhaar status go here https://portal.uidai.gov.in/ResidentPortal/checkStatus.action . When I enquired the agent they said we can update our missing info if any after 6 months.
The Aadhaar card enables the Government of India to effectively track the citizens once enrolled (not to be mistaken with the New World Order conspiracy theories :P ). But the Government claims that it would help to prevent illegal bulk railway ticket bookings by travel agents, to ensure proper transfer of aids to the needed and so on. All these sounds good and I hope it serves the intended purpose.

Comments

  1. Sir, I am living in Bengaluru. I registered for UID card in last MArch. I still have not received my card. I did not wear round neck t-shirt. Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole process across the nation is getting delayed due to size of this project. Dont worry and be patient for sometime.

      Delete
  2. but i wore round neck shirt and took the photo. they told nothing about that. will there be problem in future if our dress in aadhar card is round necked ??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to use JCalendar date picker in your Java Swing Applications with NetBeans

If you are one of those JAVA beginners like me who wants to implement a datepicker module in your experimental/business critical application developed with NetBeans IDE , then this for you. Let me share how I figured out to do so in simple steps with a sample code. Assuming that you have your Java Swing application ready, you will need to download the JCalendar package from here http://www.toedter.com/en/jcalendar/index.html . The page lists out various modules available with descriptions like JDateChooser, JCalendar, JYearChooser, JMonthChooser, JDayChooser, JSpinField and JLocaleChooser. The one I chose for my app was JDateChooser. After downloading and opening the ZIP file, you can see a whole set of files in it. The one we need is in the folder ‘lib’ with the name jcalendar-1.4.jar (this is the latest version while I was writing this). extract that file to your folder of comfort. The jar file you just extracted contains everything you need to implement the date picker in y

Configuring Google Cardboard to work with Ant VR Headset for Lenovo Vibe K4 Note

Let me make it short. Open the Google Cardboard app from your Lenovo Vibe K4 Note. Go to Switch Viewer option and scan the following QR code. This makes Google Cardboard app to work perfectly with Ant VR Headset. Thanks to this Quora thread . Note : Dont use the inbuilt VR mode and Google Cardboard together. VR mode tries to make the whole android experience viewable through VR headset whereas Google Cardboard only produces VR experience for selective apps with Cardboard compatibility. So they dont work at the same time. Nothing goes wrong even if you activate them together, you only see VRception. Dont use default Ant VR app As mentioned in the Quora thread, dont use Ant VR app. It looks fishy and amateurish. May be its even a spying venture of PLA. who knows. Difference between 360 and 3D videos? If you open 360 videos from Google Cardboard you can watch selected 360 videos (like this one ), where you can rotate your head and look everywhere within t

Honda CB Twister India : A Quick Review

I came across a dozen reviews of Honda CB Twister on web and finally decided to buy it. I owned it on last March, 2012. It costed around ₹63,000 with disc brakes, alloy wheels, road tax and stuffs. The reason why I have included ‘India’ in title is because Twister is also available as Honda CB110 in other countries. Here is my short account on my experience with Twister. Mileage Mileage is a very essential part of my riding experience. I travel around 200 Kms every week, so fuel expenses shouldn't make me bankrupt. Twister’s 60 – 65 KmpL mileage is one of the factors that influenced my choice while buying. Anyway in advertisements its claimed to be 70KmpL.   Engine Nowadays its a increasing trend to see Indians going for high end bikes, but in my case I am good with medium performance engines. Twister’s 110CC engine makes riding smooth up to 55Kmph speed, beyond that Honda Twister turns in to a Honda Vibrator. Considering the fact that I’m not an adrenalized rider,