Skip to main content

Honda CB Twister India : A Quick Review


I came across a dozen reviews of Honda CB Twister on web and finally decided to buy it. I owned it on last March, 2012. It costed around ₹63,000 with disc brakes, alloy wheels, road tax and stuffs. The reason why I have included ‘India’ in title is because Twister is also available as Honda CB110 in other countries.
Here is my short account on my experience with Twister.
Honda CB Twister Logo

Mileage

Mileage is a very essential part of my riding experience. I travel around 200 Kms every week, so fuel expenses shouldn't make me bankrupt. Twister’s 60 – 65 KmpL mileage is one of the factors that influenced my choice while buying. Anyway in advertisements its claimed to be 70KmpL.
Honda CB Twister Logo 2

 

Engine

Nowadays its a increasing trend to see Indians going for high end bikes, but in my case I am good with medium performance engines. Twister’s 110CC engine makes riding smooth up to 55Kmph speed, beyond that Honda Twister turns in to a Honda Vibrator. Considering the fact that I’m not an adrenalized rider, 40 – 55Kmph speed is ideal for my driving and Twister scores better in that.
Honda CB Twister Engine

LOOKS

If it weren’t for looks I would have gone for Honda Shine. I have seen Honda Shine is the bike of choice for many office commuters like me. To be frank Honda Shine is simply boring (apart from its glossy elegant looks). I wanted my bike to be unique and strange. I didn't care about people calling Twister as one weird bike. In fact it made me to like Twister even more.
Honda CB Twister

DASHBOARD AND SWITCH

Don't expect too much from Twister’s dashboard. Its very primitive with a childish speedometer and fuel tank indicator (that responds very slowly). Anyway they are not a big issue for me when considering the rest of the bike. Switches and Controls seems to be fine. Only time will decide their durability. One thing I miss is indicator sound. When activating left/right indicators only the indicator light will glow.
Honda CB Twister Dashboard

Colour

Red and Golden Yellow painted Twisters looks spicy. Mine is red one. I have never gone for red colour stuffs, be it a gadget or a furniture. This is my first time that I’m buying something that's red. So think of how much fierce the looks were that influenced me to choose this colour. I have not installed tank cover so that it don't block the beauty of the fuel tank.

Honda CB Twister Fuel Tank

RIDING

I have not installed the saree guard as well, considering the fact that I’m never gonna ride with a girl in a saree in my back seat. Because its hard to sit in a one-sided orthodox manner for girls. So I could see no use in having a saree guard. (Also do not forget the fact that I’m single :P ) . Moreover I believe that saree guard spoils the sporty looks.
At last but not least wear a helmet that compliments the theme of your bike. Here is my trendy life saver. It costs ₹1000 and turns me in to a Red Ranger. SPD Emergency!!!
Gliders Helmet Front
Gliders Helmet Side
Gliders Helmet Back
So in spite of some short comings I preferred Twister. So its up to you to decide your choice. Write down the multiple factors that matters most to you in a paper and zero in on the one that suits you best.

Comments

  1. Dai..Honda kaaran kooda ivlo advertisement pannirukka mattan...n btw indicator buzzer is no matter its oly 55rs..Its an accessory...u can add it anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  2. One quick update : I'm getting 63KmpL mileage when I travel at 60Kmph speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, You said that your engine vibrates after passing 55 km, its true when you fill your engine with honda engine oil that your Honda company recommends. That oil has less viscosity. I tried Shell AX5, its really viscous than Honda oil. So less vibration at high speed. Try it!

      Delete
    2. I own a 6 motnh old white Honda Twister. I felt the engine vibration until I changed the oil. Now its very smooth and the Gear shift is also very smooth.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Calvin I take your advice and will try it during my next service.

      Delete
  3. Confused between shine and twister i'm 17 yrs old want a sprty look bike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shine has 125CC engine whereas Twister has 110CC engine. Twister engine vibrates a lot beyond 60KmpH and you dont have any provisions to carry things unless you fit a tank cover. If you have a tall stature Twister may look tiny while riding on it.

      Shine is best for office goers and suits best for the family guys. It has cool looks to suit college goers too. But cannot match the funkiness of Twister.

      The choice is yours...

      Delete
  4. Honda Cb Twister is specially produced for indian market. This bike is the most stylish bike and is quite famous amonst indian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to use JCalendar date picker in your Java Swing Applications with NetBeans

If you are one of those JAVA beginners like me who wants to implement a datepicker module in your experimental/business critical application developed with NetBeans IDE , then this for you. Let me share how I figured out to do so in simple steps with a sample code. Assuming that you have your Java Swing application ready, you will need to download the JCalendar package from here http://www.toedter.com/en/jcalendar/index.html . The page lists out various modules available with descriptions like JDateChooser, JCalendar, JYearChooser, JMonthChooser, JDayChooser, JSpinField and JLocaleChooser. The one I chose for my app was JDateChooser. After downloading and opening the ZIP file, you can see a whole set of files in it. The one we need is in the folder ‘lib’ with the name jcalendar-1.4.jar (this is the latest version while I was writing this). extract that file to your folder of comfort. The jar file you just extracted contains everything you need to implement the date picker in y

Configuring Google Cardboard to work with Ant VR Headset for Lenovo Vibe K4 Note

Let me make it short. Open the Google Cardboard app from your Lenovo Vibe K4 Note. Go to Switch Viewer option and scan the following QR code. This makes Google Cardboard app to work perfectly with Ant VR Headset. Thanks to this Quora thread . Note : Dont use the inbuilt VR mode and Google Cardboard together. VR mode tries to make the whole android experience viewable through VR headset whereas Google Cardboard only produces VR experience for selective apps with Cardboard compatibility. So they dont work at the same time. Nothing goes wrong even if you activate them together, you only see VRception. Dont use default Ant VR app As mentioned in the Quora thread, dont use Ant VR app. It looks fishy and amateurish. May be its even a spying venture of PLA. who knows. Difference between 360 and 3D videos? If you open 360 videos from Google Cardboard you can watch selected 360 videos (like this one ), where you can rotate your head and look everywhere within t