Skip to main content

How to Make Profit with Bitcoin Mining in India?

The recent circular from Reserve of India warning about risks of Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, BBQCoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc. has only rekindled the interests among tech savvy Indians. Everyday news articles about cryptocurrencies are becoming a norm in business section of newspapers. One quick thought strikes everyone's mind – ‘Can I become rich with Cryptocurrency?'. I’d like to answer your questions in this post.

How Cryptocurrencies Work - India

Whom this post is for?

  • Those who want to make a part time income from Cryptocurrencies rather than totally depending on it.
  • Those who are ready to make a one-time investment of Rs.40,000 to Rs.50,000 in mining hardware. Please note, even in the worst case scenario if your mining adventure flops you still get a high end PC, which you can use for graphics designing or gaming.)
  • Those who are patient enough to get their return from one-time investment in 1 Year.

My experience

Before writing this post I tested my mining hardware for 12 days with short breaks in-between. Here is the result.
    Number of Days of Mining 12 Days
    Money earned Rs.3,000
    Cost of electricity Rs.30
    Total Profit Made Rs.2,970
    Cryptocurrency BBQCoin
    Hashing Power 640 Kh/s
Even if Rs.3000 sounds like a meager amount, the input cost of Rs.30 tells you it’s a fricking profitable activity. You don’t need a degree from IIM for this.

What kind of PC I use?

When I started to learn about Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin I just lived in a dreamworld of making up to Rs.60,000 per month. But very soon reality hit me hard because I couldn’t make much from Rs.50,000 investment that I made in the hardware. But still I realized that its a much profitable business. Here is the configuration of the PC I bought (All the parts were ordered from Flipkart).

Component
Buy Online
Cost
Reason Why I Bought
Graphics Card
Rs.24,750
HD7950 with processing (hashing) power of 640 kh/s is most ideal card for mining. There are also other model with higher hashing power but with extra cost and power consumption.
Processor
Rs.1,908
Processor doesn't play much role in a mining hardware, So I opted for a cheapest one.
Motherboard
Rs.8,348
ASRock motherboard has three PCI-E 3.0 slots. So its open for future addition of 2 more graphics cards.
RAM
Rs.3,150
4 GB is good enough for mining or any other use.
Power Supply
Rs.9,500
Power Supply plays an important role in keeping you electricity costs low. 850W power supply can seamlessly power up to 3 graphics cards.
Hard Disk
Rs.2,575
This is one of my biggest mistake. I bought this 32GB Solid State Hard Drive by blindly following an online tutorial. I could have better gone for Disk Drives.
Cabinet
Rs.3,615
I just bought the cheapest cabinet available online. You can even use the old one if you have any.

Total Cost : Rs.53,846

Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware India

If you want to make up to Rs.15,000 per month just go for the above configuration, But you need additional Rs.50,000 investment for two more graphics card. So your total investment would be Rs.1,00,000 which you can recover in less than 1 Year.

What PC you can build?

If you want to start with a lesser investment in hardware and a monthly return of Rs.5,000 here is a configuration for you.

Component
Buy Online
Cost
Graphics Card
Rs.24,750
Processor
Rs.1,908
Motherboard
Rs.2,975
RAM
Rs.2,745
Power Supply
Rs.2,279
Hard Disk
Rs.3,454
Cabinet
Rs.3,615

Total Cost : Rs.41,726

Please note that you save Rs.10,000 by above configuration but with a drawback of not being upgradable to extra graphics cards.

Beyond these hardware costs we have a dynamic exchange rates of cryptocoins which often determines the profit factor. So always choose a wise coin to mine. I mine BBQCoin and I have talked about it in my previous post. If you have any queries regarding setting up a miner, configuring a miner or choosing a cryptocoin, No matter what cryptocoin you are mining you can always exchange them at Cryptsy or Bter

Please feel free to drop me a message in Wechat. Here is my QR Code

Wechat QR Code - Bitcoin India Query

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use JCalendar date picker in your Java Swing Applications with NetBeans

If you are one of those JAVA beginners like me who wants to implement a datepicker module in your experimental/business critical application developed with NetBeans IDE , then this for you. Let me share how I figured out to do so in simple steps with a sample code. Assuming that you have your Java Swing application ready, you will need to download the JCalendar package from here http://www.toedter.com/en/jcalendar/index.html . The page lists out various modules available with descriptions like JDateChooser, JCalendar, JYearChooser, JMonthChooser, JDayChooser, JSpinField and JLocaleChooser. The one I chose for my app was JDateChooser. After downloading and opening the ZIP file, you can see a whole set of files in it. The one we need is in the folder ‘lib’ with the name jcalendar-1.4.jar (this is the latest version while I was writing this). extract that file to your folder of comfort. The jar file you just extracted contains everything you need to implement the date picker in y

Configuring Google Cardboard to work with Ant VR Headset for Lenovo Vibe K4 Note

Let me make it short. Open the Google Cardboard app from your Lenovo Vibe K4 Note. Go to Switch Viewer option and scan the following QR code. This makes Google Cardboard app to work perfectly with Ant VR Headset. Thanks to this Quora thread . Note : Dont use the inbuilt VR mode and Google Cardboard together. VR mode tries to make the whole android experience viewable through VR headset whereas Google Cardboard only produces VR experience for selective apps with Cardboard compatibility. So they dont work at the same time. Nothing goes wrong even if you activate them together, you only see VRception. Dont use default Ant VR app As mentioned in the Quora thread, dont use Ant VR app. It looks fishy and amateurish. May be its even a spying venture of PLA. who knows. Difference between 360 and 3D videos? If you open 360 videos from Google Cardboard you can watch selected 360 videos (like this one ), where you can rotate your head and look everywhere within t

Honda CB Twister India : A Quick Review

I came across a dozen reviews of Honda CB Twister on web and finally decided to buy it. I owned it on last March, 2012. It costed around ₹63,000 with disc brakes, alloy wheels, road tax and stuffs. The reason why I have included ‘India’ in title is because Twister is also available as Honda CB110 in other countries. Here is my short account on my experience with Twister. Mileage Mileage is a very essential part of my riding experience. I travel around 200 Kms every week, so fuel expenses shouldn't make me bankrupt. Twister’s 60 – 65 KmpL mileage is one of the factors that influenced my choice while buying. Anyway in advertisements its claimed to be 70KmpL.   Engine Nowadays its a increasing trend to see Indians going for high end bikes, but in my case I am good with medium performance engines. Twister’s 110CC engine makes riding smooth up to 55Kmph speed, beyond that Honda Twister turns in to a Honda Vibrator. Considering the fact that I’m not an adrenalized rider,